HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Monday, January 09, 2006

Fin Fang Failures

Last year's Fin Fang Four one-shot for Marvel was originally pitched as a four-issue series, which explains why the final book was pretty dense, plot-wise. One of the things we had to throw out in order to bring the book in at 28 pages was a story involving The Ringmaster and his Circus of Crime, some of the cheesiest baddies to grace the Marvel Universe (which is why my co-writer Scott Gray and I wanted to use them, of course). This pencil rough was included in the original submission. I'd be quite happy to write an entire series around these guys.

2 comments:

  1. Loved all those Marvel Monsters one-shots, Roger, and I'm glad they're sticking them together into one of their lovely over-sized hardcovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it. It seemed to get good reviews from kids and over-35s, and everyone else ignored it. (Which is fine, kids and over-35s have money too.) We're getting a pitch together for a follow-up miniseries, although there are so many hoops to jump through before it gets approved that I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.

    ReplyDelete

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.