HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Don't call me Tracey

Bit pressed for time today, so why not foist another Inside Soap illustration upon you? Answers on a postcard please.

This one was the first where I just couldn't capture the likeness sufficiently well to pass the scrutiny of the editor. In the end they said, "Just think of the money and trace the bitch," advice which I've taken to heart ever since.

3 comments:

  1. I can't seem to find a postcard around here, so I'll just say: "Because I don't recognise any of these characters, due to not really watching TV, and living in Australia."

    Thank you. Still, any Langridge is good Langridge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what does "answers on a postcard" mean exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raven: I don't watch any of these shows either, for whatever that's worth. There was one where the editor asked me to redraw a character and I redrew the wrong one. I got a frankly astonished e-mail back saying "You must be the only person in the country who doesn't know who (fill in the blank) is!" It's true, I am that impossible statistic.

    Anonymous: It's a slightly more polite way to say "I'm not all that interested in the answer." Comes from radio DJs originally, I think -- they'd ask for competition entries on a postcard.

    ReplyDelete

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.