HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Congratulations It's a Book

Huzzah! According to Tom Spurgeon's Comics Reporter website, which keeps much tighter tabs on these things than I do, the first Muppet Show Comic Book collection, Meet the Muppets, is out this week. (Amazon link here.) And good news for readers in the UK: it appears that Amazon UK are going to have it because I found a link for it there. So now British readers can stop wondering what I've been up to for the last year or so. Added incentive: the ten-page story I did for Disney Adventures a couple of years ago, which has never before been published in its entirety, will finally see the light of day in the collection. (And there's a hardback edition for those of you with deep pockets!) This is technically my first original graphic novel since Fred the Clown, so I hope you'll forgive my excitement.

Also out this week is the second issue of The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson.


While I'm plugging books, I encourage you to check out the ACT-I-VATE PRIMER preview over at the AIV site, where I believe you can also pre-order the book directly (click on the sexy banner ad at the top of the preview page).

Mugwhump fans take note, I'm vigorously moving stuff around in my schedule so I can recommence the strip at the earliest opportunity. I'm discussing with Boom! how best to lessen my Muppet workload without interrupting the monthly schedule, and once all those ducks are in a row I'll have a bit more wiggle room. (Not to mention more sleep.) Watch this space!

5 comments:

  1. Yay, I just picked it up!

    Too bad about the printing error on one of the pages, though.

    And hopefully Boom will include the Pigs in Space 2-page story that appeared in the Comic-Con preview, in the collected version of Peg-Leg Wilson.

    Any idea if the hardcover edition will be full size, or if it's as small as the softcover?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a blessed clue, I'm afraid - though my guess is it'll be the same dimensions. (And there's a printing error? Dang!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got mine! I might track down a hard cover someday, but this is already a great collector's item.

    Is anyone wondering the impact Disney's intended purchase of Marvel will have on Boom and Muppets? I like what we have here already and hope they don't tinker with the success of the Muppets and Pixar comics.

    Any word on the Pigs in Space artist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the comics but the characters don't look like them selves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Roger, I was just looking the muppets up on wki, trying to find any info on the new movie and saw, you of all people, are doing a muppets comic. That's amazing. I am a fan, have some fred comics and something strange called art deco I found in a second hand box in a hawke's bay comic store some years back, am pretty keen to check these muppet comics at some point. Is there a preview anywhere? I would be interested to see if the humor is in your style, which would be great for these characters. Oh, the art is the most beautiful thing I've seen in so long.

    ReplyDelete

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.