HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Friday, November 22, 2013

Thought Bubble!


Thought Bubble is here - or near as makes no odds. I'll be there tomorrow morning at Table 112, in the Allied London Hall - that's the new one they've opened up this year for the first time. And on Sunday morning I'll be doing a panel about comics for all ages - here are a few words from the moderator, Matt Badham, all about it:

Thought Bubble is my favourite comics convention, and so I'm very pleased to be hosting a panel there on Sunday 24th November at 10.40am.

The panel is called 'Comics For Everyone' and I think it's going to be great. Here's its description from the Thought Bubble website:

We here at Thought Bubble believe that comics should be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of their age, and that great kids' comics should be read by everyone! So if you're a young comic fan, or one who never grew up, and want to hear about some great stories to read, please come along and get the low-down from some of the best creators out there!

Well, I don't know about you but that's sounds to me like THE. BEST. PANEL. EVER!

(I might be slightly biased…)

Especially as those aforementioned creators are Neill Cameron, Meredith Gran, Nathan Fox, Roger Langridge and Maris Wicks.

(Seriously, make sure you check out their work even if you don't make the panel. It's fab.)

I hope to see you (yes, you!) on Sunday for what I think is going to be a fascinating panel, at which you'll get tons and tons of recommendations of groovy comics to read. (What could be better than that?) Please come along. It's gonna be a blast (as is the whole convention)!

So there you go.

In my continuing quest for the perfect convention formula, this year I'll have three tiers of sketch prices.

  • Quick head sketchs: these will continue to be absolutely free! free! free! 
  • Full-figure sketches of my own characters (or Snarked cast members, who share names with Lewis Carroll characters but not much else) will cost you £10. 
  • Full-figure sketches of characters created by other people will cost you £20. 
The idea is to give people an incentive to ask me to draw characters I actually give a damn about! So if you want Batman or Kermit the Frog it'll cost you more than Fred the Clown or Wilburforce J. Walrus. Thanks to Dylan Meconis for the idea.

Hope to see some of you there!

1 comment:

  1. Are the head sketches of the people requesting the sketches? Or can the subject be anyone, like Winston Churchill? Just kidding. I wish I was visiting London! Anyway, do know if this panel will appear on youtube or be recorded/transcribed after the show?

    ReplyDelete

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.