HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Thursday, July 03, 2014

Back on the Blog


Ouch! Two months since the last blog post! And I was doing so well, too. Apologies, all. Let's blow some of the dust off the furniture and throw away that suspicious carton of milk in the fridge...

• THIS WEEKEND: I will be attending the Glasgow Comic Con! It's my first visit to Scotland in years; I think the last time I was there was sometime in the mid-90s. Looking forward to seeing the place again. Do come and say hello if you're in the area. I believe I'll be upstairs, sitting next to the legendary Alan Grant.

• JULY 19th & 20th: I will be attending the Contern International Comic Festival in Luxembourg! It's to be the last stop in a sort of mini-tour by me and Tanya Roberts of signings and appearances over a few days within the area, organised by Panini Deutschland (they publish my Thor comics in Germany).

• SEPTEMBER 13th & 14th: I will be attending SPX! Always a highlight of the convention calendar, and a show of which I'm very fond. Some killer guests this year, too! (Drew Friedman? Lynda Barry? Jules Feiffer?! Pinch me, I'm dreaming!)

• OCTOBER: THE MUSICAL MONSTERS OF TURKEY HOLLOW will be out! This is the reason for my absence from this site. It's a book I've been working on for the last few months, an adaptation of an unmade Jim Henson TV special, conceived in 1968 but never produced. Well, now it's a graphic novel from Archaia Books! I just put the thing to bed a couple of days ago and have been pretty much trying to recover ever since; I was putting in some lo-o-ong working days, folks. Very happy with the results, though. Most exciting.

• NOVEMBER 15th & 16th: I will be attending the Thought Bubble Festival in Leeds! Another highlight for me, this show keeps getting better and better with each passing year.

• RIGHT NOW: I attended the great Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC a couple of weeks ago and have returned with convention sketches to show off here. Starting tomorrow, I'll be posting a run which should take us clear through August, if I'm putting them up them at the rate of one per day... which I fully intend to do. (If you've never been to Heroes Con, incidentally, you owe it to yourselves to go at least once. It's such a fun show.)

So, that gets us up to date. Back tomorrow with daily sketchy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.