HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Sunday, April 28, 2019

2019 Convention Schedule!


It's my great privilege to be attending Wellington's ComicFest 2019 this coming weekend! Incredibly, it will be the first convention I attend in New Zealand EVER, despite having grown up there (they weren't a thing in my day). Big thanks to the festival for inviting me and to Creative NZ for covering the cost. I'll be doing some panel discussion things, doing a presentation where I'll be wanging on at tedious length about my career, and running a workshop based around the idea of creating comics from an arbitrary set of formal constraints. Because that's how I roll.

Next up will be Macc-Pow! in Macclesfield on June 22nd, who were also kind enough to invite me, except this time no planes will be involved.

Then there's a small flurry of the things around October-November - first will be the Lakes International Comic Art Festival on October 12th-13th. I found out yesterday that my application was approved, so hooray!

Following that a few weeks later is Thought Bubble, in Harrogate this year, on November 9th-10th.

And last but not least, one that's a short bus ride from my house, so it would be daft not to go: the London Winter Comic Con at the Olympia, on November 22nd-23rd.

Given the geographical spread of this year's appearances I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if anyone managed to see me at all of them, but I very much hope some of you can be at at least one.

Ideally I want to have a new self-published comic out for the end-of-year shows, which I've managed to do three years running now (one Fred the Clown book and a couple of Zoots). Nothing even slightly ready at this point in time, though, so if I manage to pull that rabbit out of a hat it may be a delightful surprise to both of us. I'm not quite at the "better pull my finger out" stage, but teetering on the edge of thinking very hard about pulling my finger out. (Which, as we all know, is a tale as old as time itself.)

Anyway, comics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.