HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Ultimate Answer

This week I turn 42. When I was 22, my then-flatmate was turning 20 at around the same time, so we threw a 42nd birthday party. (So I've done this before, you see.) Anyway, one of the presents I received that year was this strip by Dylan Horrocks. I guess this is my last good reason to share it, so here it is.


I've been asked to write two pages for an X-Men title. I know next to nothing about the X-Men -- haven't even seen the movies. Ha ha! So of course I said yes immediately. But probably the highlight of my comics week was being befriended on Friendface by Fred Hembeck. When I was ten I wanted to be Fred Hembeck. And now he's my Friendface friend. I've arrived!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Roger!

    What's Friendface?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fictional social networking site. There was an episode of "The I.T. Crowd", probably my favourite sitcom right now, which had a plot about a social networking site called FriendFace. It was only after I'd posted that I thought I should probably have written "SpaceFace" - makes the same point with a bit more originality - but this way I have an excuse to point you towards the blog of FriendFace's creator, the supremely gifted and talented Graham Linehan. So off you go!

    ReplyDelete

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.