HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Saturday, January 07, 2006

More Book Covers for the Slower Reader

A job I did a few years ago for a line of children's books which were aimed at those with a less than stellar grasp of the written word. The stories were quite good fun, if not especially imaginative.

There were an awful lot of PC hoops to jump through, I seem to recall -- I'd make a character Asian and then be told to make them look Asian instead of whatever it was they thought I'd drawn. I knew they'd freak if I exaggerated any ethnic features, so I usually just resubmitted the exact same roughs. Seemed to keep them happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.