HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Random chicken scratchings

This week I finished writing a pitch for a Marvel Adventures series (or rather, I tightened up a pitch I'd already written which was far too long) which I have a very good feeling about. Not that I'm confident it's going to be approved or anything, I'm just very pleased with it. Especially so since it would be quite a long piece of work if it goes ahead and I'm rarely happy with my attempts to write anything long-form. More news on that front if and when I have anything, always allowing for the possibility that it may sink without a trace... I'm finding increasing amounts of enjoyment from writing for other artists. It's a place I never expected to end up, but I'm kind of glad I have.

Which is just as well, because I'm on the home stretch of the script for the upcoming Pigs in Space one-shot. I'm still not 100% sure if the artist has been decided, although I met someone at San Diego who was at the top of the list who'd be a really good choice. Sorry to be so oblique, but I really don't know if that decision has been made yet or not.
But I'm writing with that artist in mind.

Finished inking the third issue of The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson last night. One more issue to go before I get to sleep in for a day or two, for the first time in eight months. Ooohhh, I'm looking forward to that. I'm hoping to be able to pick up where I left off with Mugwhump the Great at that point, ACT-I-VATE followers... and, speaking of which:


All are welcome to join the ACT-I-Vate Primer group on Facebook. Come join us, won't you?

1 comment:

  1. Belatedly wanted to say that it was great to briefly chat at San Diego, as the Muppet book is one of my favorite things currently being published.

    ReplyDelete

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.