HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Gowaaan gowan gowan gowan gowan

Almost done with 2010, everybody? Grand.


Here's a recent commissioned sketch I did - I don't do a lot of commissions because they chew into time I could be spending on, you know, meeting deadlines, but every so often I buckle and weaken. This one was of one of my very favourite sitcoms ever, Father Ted, so I couldn't resist. Having lived in the UK for close to 20 years now, there's one thing I'm very, very proud of about my adopted country, and that's the generally high quality - and often surreal, absurdist, Carrollian imaginativeness - of their comedy. Father Ted, produced for Britain's Channel 4 in the 1990s, is the best of the best in that regard. The commission also included some dialogue, but I've Photoshopped that out of this post because it's none of your business, you nosy, nosy people.

3 comments:

  1. If I had this, and a big fancy car, like Elvis...oh, that would be grand.

    Thanks for posting this! Hope you, Sylvie and the kids had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love Father Ted!Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Roger! Glad you couldn't pass it up, so that we could all enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.