HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Friday, July 06, 2012

This Is The News!

Lots of stuff to tell you!

First, although I sadly can't attend this year, if you live anywhere near Ann Arbor you need to be at Kids Read Comics this weekend. Great fun for kids, educational for adults - especially if you're a cartoonist, as there are workshops throughout the weekend that you can learn a lot from, led by professionals, pitched at all levels of expertise. You need this show in your life! And it's FREE!

Secondly, apparently this week I had two comics out: the first issue of my "lost" Muppet Show comic, The Four Seasons, came out from Marvel, and the third issue of Popeye from IDW, featuring a full-length Popeye story by me and the mighty Tom Neely. Really very proud of that one.


Thirdly, it appears that me and Snarked! have been nominated in three categories in the Harvey Awards: Best Publication for Younger Readers, Special Award for Humor, and Best Cartoonist (!) - although that last one has me up against some astonishing competition, so my expectations there are suitably lowered. But holy moley. I have made arrangements over the last few days to attend the Baltimore Comic Con in order to be at the ceremony, so more about that anon.


And, last but not least, thanks to Boom! Studios' kind sponsorship, I will be attending the San Diego Comic Con in a few short days! I'll be stationed at the Boom! booth (2743) for most of the show, signing books and (no doubt) doodling madly, so please stop by and say hello if you're there.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Roger,

    Congrats on the Eisner and great to meet you at SDCC. It was a surprise to run into you given that I love the Snarked! series... and I didn't realize you'd be in town. Keep up the great work and drop me a line when you get the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roger - I picked up the Muppet issue, but the terrible, clunky, all-italic lettering made me put it back down; are they actually using your original script under that, or has it been rewritten by some ESL Panini employee?

      Delete
    2. I genuinely have no idea, I don't have a copy - I actually ordered one online this morning, just so I'll have one for my files. I'll report my findings once I get a chance to read it!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you did variant covers for Popeye. Please show them here, if possible. Do you get to see the variants by other artists as well?

    ReplyDelete

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.