HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Monday, January 13, 2014

Moose and Squirrel

So I'm doing these Rocky and Bullwinkle comics for IDW with Mark Evanier, whose scripts have been a delight thus far, and as a part of that I've been pitching ideas for covers. So I thought I'd run a few of the rejects here. Here's the first...


This one was before I'd been sent any model sheets or anything, so of course all the characters are a bit off... although if you look at Rocky and Bullwinkle's sundry comic iterations over the years, there's really a lot of variation in the different artists' interpretations (which is all to the good, in my opinion; a little bit of a cartoonist's personality injected into a licensed property never made anything look worse).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.