HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Nottingham Comic Con

I've been announced as a guest at the Nottingham Comic Con on October 24th. Here's a picture I did as a promo piece for them; you can find more details here.


While I'm back on the blog and I hope to be a bit more regular around these parts now I've finished drawing Abigail and the Snowman – there are a few more things I'd like to mention:
  • I'm on the latest episode of Gregg Schigiel's podcast, Stuff Said. It's an excellent podcast generally if you like to hear creators talk about the nuts-and-bolts of their cartooning craft. Even if the sound of my voice sounds to you like fingernails on a blackboard, the other episodes are well worth checking out.
  • The first issue of Mandrake the Magician, written by me and drawn by Jeremy Treece, will be out tomorrow.  It's a combination of the old and the new - it's definitely the same Mandrake from the newspaper strip, but with a fresh lick of paint and a modern style (Jeremy's put an insane amount of detail into this thing!), and of course it carries on from the events of last year's Kings Watch miniseries, in which Mandrake played a prominent role. Something for long-time fans and for new readers, one hopes.
  • There's an interview with me in the latest issue of the Judge Dredd Megazine. Matt Badham and I had a boozy chat at last year's Thought Bubble Festival, and this was the result. Once a droid, always a droid...
  • Still on sale: Garfield #34, in which I drew a story about Garfield's past life as the pirate captain, Orangebeard. Arrr!
Okay, enough goofing off – back to work. I'll try not to leave it six weeks between posts from now on.

1 comment:

  1. Likely to be doing any other London/Southern UK cons this year, sir?

    ReplyDelete

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.