HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Preee-sentinggg... MUGWHUMP THE GREAT!


Today I'm beginning a brand-new web strip, and if you're wondering why all you can see on my website is Fred the Clown, that's because the new strip is making its debut at Act-i-Vate.com. It's called Mugwhump the Great, and for the handful of you who have come to rely upon the Hotel Fred's WebComicsNation-powered RSS feeds and syndication features (whatever they are -- speaking as somebody who doesn't have a mobile phone and fondly remembers the old wooden computers), fret not! For Mugwhump will appear at the HotelFred.com with a one-week delay starting September 9th, a contrivance developed to satisfy Act-i-Vate's requirement for exclusive content (although you can already read the older Mugwhump material here). The black-and-white approach is the result of a conscious decision on my part to separate my personal work from my work-for-hire stuff, which these days is invariably computer-coloured. I thought it was time to draw a line in the sand somewhere and, for aesthetic, economic and scheduling reasons, colour seemed as good a place as any.

In other words, I'm expecting never to make any money from this and to have to print the damn thing myself eventually. Just like old times!

1 comment:

  1. Mornin' Roger

    Another illustrator up at the crack of dawn here :)

    The Mugwhump stuff looks fab, just been over and had a read. tbh I can't think of anything you've done that doesn't look fab, you bastard!

    And I'm another person connected via "everybody works for Doctor Who these days" meme. In fact we both worked on the Horrible Histories Collection as well.

    Anyway, I've started blogging this week, and I'm amazed at how many of us are doing it - loneliness of the long distance cartoonist I guess.

    I'm up in London for the DWM 400 party so if you're going I'll see you there.

    I'm off to get some more caffeine!


    Rob

    ReplyDelete

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.